Nottingham Short Stay Property Management

short stay property nottingham

Local Office Support - West Bridgford

  • Advertise & Booking Service Only

  • Full Short Let Management Service.

  • Short Stay Change Over : Cleaning / Laundry / Housekeeping Service

There has been strong growth in the amount of landlords deciding to offer their properties on a short let ' Airbnb'  or holiday let basis. Many landlords are worried about the future of the Buy to Let Sector & want to take measures to avoid the threat of over bearing letting regulations. We are a specialist agency dealing with the short stay sector in Nottingham.

We advertise on both Rightmove to secure fully inclusive tenancies, and also on Airbnb, Homeaway, Trip Advisor & to secure short stay bookings, This dual approach brings our landlords a more stable income and generally higher yields. 

Unfortunately there are some unscrupulous management companies out there in Nottingham that are encouraging leasehold apartment owners to operate on a short stay basis,without having the proper permissions in place, but new regulation is expected to halt this practice in 2020.

If you want some expert advice, and wish to tap into this buoyant market on the longer term then please Email us for more information



See our Nottingham short stay & flexi-let managed properties.

 In most cases Increase the rental capacity of your property 

  • Keep your property to a good standard with weekly cleans
  • Avoid worrying future letting legislation
  • No rent arrear problems
  • Avoid increasing landlord management costs
  • Dual Advertising For Both Flexi-Let Tenancies & Short Stay Bookings To Maximise Yields  

Email us for more information


A Mixture Of Flexi - Let Tenancies & Short Stay Bookings Will Maximise Your Yields.

Landlord Direct are an experienced advertising and booking agent for short stay / holiday let  property, and also as a letting agent setting up fully inclusive tenancies on flexible letting terms.  Your  short stay property will be advertised selectively on major letting websites. Rightmove , Airbnb, Holiday lettings , Trip advisor ,HomeAway , We 'Channel Manage'  these different websites and process bookings to make sure we give landlords the highest possible yields.


There is a real skill required to book and to manage serviced short stay property. We take and manage bookings, and deal with all administration. We arrange change over cleaning and laundry or landlords opt to do the cleaning themselves. Credibility and trust is an important part of a guest's decision to book their stay at your property, and they need to know they can make payments safely and that there are back up services during their stay. 

Email us for more information


  • Order Holiday Let Booking Service

  • *
  • Holiday Let Details

  • *
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  

  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • *  
  • Please tick the box to show you have read and agree to our terms and conditions

  • Please tick to give consent to your data being stored inline with guidelines in our privacy policy.

Please send us some pictures of your holiday cottage / short stay property  by using our image uploader

Our image upload will automatically resize your photos and then email them to us.


For further information please contact Landlord Direct 

Tel: 0115 969 63 55 please ask to speak to our director Mark Hutchings.



Need An Energy Performance Certificate - Legal Requirement

All holiday cottages must now have an EPC Energy Performance Certificate, they typically cost around £60 and last for 10 years.

See National database


Need Smoke Alarms or Carbon Monoxide Alarms Fitting - Legal Requirement

All let property must now have a smoke / heat detector fitted to each floor, so if 2 Storey you need one alarm on the ground floor and also the first floor landing. If you have a solid fuel burner or fire you must have a Carbon Monoxide detector fitted at your holiday let. Get these alarms checked at least annually and change the batteries.


Landlord Gas Safety Certificates - Legal Requirement

Whether Calor or Mains gas, it is a legal requirement for holiday cottage owners to obtain a 'Landlord Gas Safety Certificate' carried out by a Gas Safe engineer annually, we would recommend. 


Electrical Certification & PAT Testing

You should obtain a 5 year periodic electrical certificate for your holiday let, and arrange for all portable electrical items PAT tested annual. 


Open Fires & Log Burners

Make sure all flues and chimneys are swept at least annually and keep the receipt or certificate. Visually check the condition of log burner flue seals and arrange for repairs of you feel they may need resealing. An air vent in an external wall in the same room as the log burner should be in place, and a carbon monoxide alarm as mentioned above. If you intend letting your property to families we would suggest that you supply a fire guard to open fires and log burners.


Fire Risk Assessment

Landlord Direct will help you write a fire risk assessment for your holiday let if it is a standard holiday cottage this should be a straight forward matter. 


Holiday Let Insurance

Holiday let property must have a specialist insurance policy in place, general buy to let insurance is unlikely to cover the holiday let 'short stay' use. There are therefore specialist insurance brokers out there who are set up to secure you the correct insurance policy on good terms. Apart from insuring the actual fabric of the building, these policies protect cottage owners against Public Liability claims, absolutely essential when you have paying guests staying. If your property is leasehold, it will be covered under a block insurance policy, you should check with your property managers to see if the block insurance policy covers you for short stay / holiday letting.


Authority From Lender

You may already have purchased your property on a Buy to Let mortgage, however if you have a lender for the property , please check with them that you are able to let out the property as a Furnished Holiday Let.


Authority From Head Lease - Leasehold Property

If your property is leasehold, then you may find your are in contravention of the terms of your lease if you run a short stay business from your property. This can be a grey area so do check with your block mangers or freeholder or residents company directors.


Planning & Local Authority Directives

Most Local Councils do not currently consider short stay letting as a planning issue and most short stay properties pay Council Tax and are designated C3 Residential Property. However as in some London Boroughs, restrictions have been put into place to limit the amount of short stay letting to just 90 days per annum per property. All operators should continue to check with their Local Authority to their position regarding short stay lets, as it is likely that some restrictions may apply at sometime in the future.


Occupancy Rules

To qualify as a furnished holiday let, your cottage must be advertised and available to let for at lease 210 days per annum.


Professional Photos

With modern cameras it does not always seem necessary to employ a professional photographer to take pictures of your holiday let property. However we would very strongly recommend that you use a professional photographer who will have the correct back lighting, wide angled lenses and softening filters that get those Wow factor photos! we recommend John McClean


Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972 - Keep Records Of Your Bookings

The Immigration Order places a legal duty on all owners or the managers of all serviced and self-catering accommodation to keep a record of the name of all guests over the age of 16 years old and to take a note of their on-going destination usually their home address, for at least 12 months. The Landlord Direct booking service is designed to capture this needed information and we keep appropriate records.


The Equality Act 2010 

Although some holiday cottage owners do not allow pets, under the Equality Act all holiday cottage owners cannot refuse a booking from a registered blind person accompanied by their guide dogs. Further the act states owners should do anything that is practically reasonable to assist a disabled guest.


Bunk Beds Regulations

prohibit the supply of bunk beds which could cause a child to be injured or killed, as a result of their becoming wedged or trapped. A bunk bed must not have any: • gap in the bed base greater than 75mm (approx. 3”) • gap elsewhere which is less than 60mm (approx. 2.5”) or more than 75mm Any gap permitting access to the raised bunk should only be in the safety barrier on one of the long sides of the bed, and be of a minimum width of 300mm (12”). Note: The safety of mattresses is discussed separately in the section on upholstered furniture. By means of simple measurement, you should be able to make sure whether a bunk bed satisfies the ‘gap’ requirements detailed above. If you are in any doubt about a particular gap size, you should contact your local Trading Standards Service to arrange for more accurate measurements to be made with a special probe. The general safety of bunk beds can be simply tested by checking for such things as stability, rigidity, sharp edges etc. Some bunk beds may also be marked with a British Standard number. This is currently BS EN 747.


Furniture Regulations

Most holiday cottage owners will by new furniture and soft furnishings which will have to meet up to date regulations, however older furniture should always be checked.

make sure all your furniture and furnishings meet the regulations. They must carry an appropriate permanent label at point of sale.

  • Keep all purchase receipts – be extra careful if buying used furniture.
  • It is safest to buy new from a reputable retailer.
  • It is an offence for retailers to sell no-complying items.
  • If in doubt, consult your local Trading Standards Office.


What do the Regulations Say?

As from 1st January 1997 all furniture in tenanted residential property must comply with the 1993 amendments to the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 which extends the scope of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 (CPA). This covers the supplying (hiring or lending) of specified goods (upholstered furniture and certain furnishings) “in the course of business”.

A landlord letting her own home over an extended period, perhaps to different tenants, would be deemed to be “letting in the course of business” and would need to comply. We would therefore strongly recommend that anyone, regardless of whether they see themselves as running a business or not, should make absolutely sure they are complying with these regulations.


Prescribed Items

The regulations apply to:

  • Arm chairs, three piece suites, sofas, sofa beds, futons and other convertible furniture.
  • Beds, Bed bases and headboards, mattresses, divans and pillows.
  • Nursery furniture
  • Garden furniture which could be used indoors
  • Loose, stretch and fitted covers for furniture, scatter cushions, seat pads and pillows


Excluded Items

  • The regulations do not currently apply to:
  • Antique furniture or furniture manufactured before 1950
  • Bed clothes and duvets
  • Loose mattress covers
  • Pillowcases
  • Sleeping bags
  • Curtains
  • Carpets



Furniture which complies carries a manufacturer’s label which must be permanent and non-detachable.

All upholstered items must have fire resistant filling material.

All upholstered items must pass the “match resistance test” as prescribed.

All upholstered items must also past the “cigarette test” as prescribed.

Bed bases and mattresses are not required to bear a permanent label but compliance will be indicated if the item has a label stating that it meets BS7177


Due Diligence 

In the event of a tenant complaint or an incident the defence of “due diligence” may be accepted where it can be shown that the landlord or agent took all reasonable steps to avoid committing an offence – you will need documentary evidence of this.

A private owner letting a single dwelling (his or her own home – not in the course of business) may in theory have some argument for defence, whereas an agent acting on his behalf will not. However, an agent merely introducing a tenant and not becoming involved in the inventory or management of the tenancy my well be exempt from liability.


Legionella Checks

“someone who rents out a building or accommodation” including holiday cottage owners have a responsibility to prevent and risk control exposure to Legionella.

The best solution is to pay a specialist contractor to carry out a Risk Assessment. If it reports a low risk it is unlikely you will need to re-assess annually perhaps every 5 years or of there is a material change.


Window Blind Cords

Window blind cords need to be fixed high enough off the ground to prevent young children being at risk, this is a legal requirement for all rental property  some blinds are fitted with a easily detachable catch.


Safe Use Of Cleaning Substances 

Always store cleaning products and chemicals in a place that cannot be reached by children. Do not store cleaning products in base kitchen units or low level cupboards. Ideally let your cleaners bring their own cleaning products , and do not store any products in your holiday let, apart from washing up liquid and bathroom soaps.



Most holiday cottage owners, will not derive a turnover over the vat threshold , and so will not have to charge V.A.T. - but check with your accountant.